This year’s best actor Oscar race is likely to be a mix of previous winners and nominees with a few new faces, according to Variety’s Awards Editor Clayton Davis and Deputy Awards and Features Editor Jenelle Riley.
The front-runner this year is considered to be Will Smith, for his performance in ‘King Richard’.
Other contenders for the 2022 best actor Oscar are predicted to be:
- Benedict Cumberbatch for ‘The Power of the Dog’
- Andrew Garfield for ‘Tick, Tick… Boom!’
- Denzel Washington for ‘The Tragedy of Macbeth’
- Peter Dinklage for ‘Cyrano’
- Bradley Cooper for ‘Nightmare Alley’
- Clifton Collins Jr. for ‘Jockey’
- Leonardo DiCaprio for ‘Don’t Look Up’
- Simon Rex for ‘Red Rocket’
- Javier Bardem for ‘Being the Ricardos’
- Nicholas Cage for ‘Pig’
- Mahershala Ali for ‘Swan Song’
- Joaquin Phoenix for ‘C’mon C’mon’
- Jake Gyllenhaal for ‘The Guilty’
- Adam Driver for ‘House of Gucci’
- Oscar Isaac for ‘The Card Counter’
- Riz Ahmed for ‘Encounter’
- Cooper Hoffman for ‘Licorice Pizza’
Oscar nominations voting begins on Thursday, January 27, 2022, and will end on Tuesday, February 1, 2022. The official Academy Awards nominations will be announced on Tuesday, February 8, 2022, with the ceremony taking place on Sunday, March 27, 2022.
View the original video here.
Good Living is the Cyprus Mail’s portal of curated content from across the internet, showcasing local and global ideas, cultural highlights, and scientific and technological developments to inspire a sustainable life.