This video is meant to expand your general knowledge about living a healthy life and is NOT a substitute for seeking professional medical advice. Please consult with your doctor before making changes in your health practices, diet and self-care.
In this video, psychiatrist Dr. Tracey Marks reviews the reasons why some people are ’emotional sponges’, who take on other people’s emotions, then have trouble managing them.
She also offers five ways of cultivating better emotional boundaries:
- Increase your self-awareness
- Identify the origin of your emotions
- Learn to manage your emotions so they don’t overwhelm you
- Establish clear boundaries between yourself and others
- Understand what’s behind your need to save people
Read the video’s accompanying post here.
Read more about the toll of being a hypersensitive child, here.
View the original video here.
Good Living is the Cyprus Mail’s portal of curated content from across the internet, showcasing local and global ideas, cultural highlights, and scientific and technological developments to inspire a sustainable life.