The world’s population is growing steadily and efficient agriculture is becoming increasingly important. That’s why a lot of research is being done on smart farming.
“Smart farming” is an emerging concept that refers to managing farms using technologies like Internet of Things (IoT), robotics, drones and Artificial Intelligence to increase the quantity and quality of produce, while optimising the human labour required for its production.
The agri-tech that is powering smart farming, includes:
- Sensors: soil, water, light, humidity, temperature management
Software: specialised software solutions that target specific farm types or applications-agnostic IoT platforms
- Connectivity: cellular, low-power wide-area networks
- Location: GPS, satellites
- Robotics: autonomous tractors, processing facilities
- Data analytics: standalone analytics solutions, data pipelines for downstream solutions
View the original video here.
Good Living is the Cyprus Mail’s portal of curated content from across the internet, showcasing local and global ideas, cultural highlights, and scientific and technological developments to inspire a sustainable life.